I did a search of the 1999 NEC and this is the closest I can find.

410-56, (c) Isolated Ground Receptacles. Receptacles intended for the
reduction of electrical noise (electromagnetic interference) as permitted in
Section 250-146(d) shall be identified by an orange triangle located on the
face of the receptacle. Receptacles so identified shall be used only with
grounding conductors that are isolated in accordance with Section
250-146(d). Isolated ground receptacles installed in nonmetallic boxes shall
be covered with a nonmetallic faceplate.

Ned

Ned Devine
Program Manager III
Entela, Inc.