From: O'Shaughnessy, Paul [mailto:paul_oshaughne...@affymetrix.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 6:45 PM
To: 'emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org'
Subject: Recommendations for a portable spectrum analyzer?

Dear List,

I am looking to purchase (new or used) a good general purpose spectrum
analyzer, mostly for use with an EMCO sniffer loop set for locating "hot"
boards, shields, and cables, panel joints which are leaking, etc.  The
frequency range of interest is up to a few GHz (this is to assist with EN
55011 emissions testing).  I also want to get something that other engineers
and techs don't shy away from.  So, I don't need or want anything incredibly
fancy, and I'm not trying to set up an open field site.  Just reliable and
straightforward to use.

Any brand name and model suggestions?

My thanks in advance.

Paul O'Shaughnessy