The last information I have is that EN55024:1998, which becomes
effective very soon still only identifies surge test of 2Kv line to ground,
but I have a persistant buzzing in my ear from a single source that is
claiming it actually requires 4Kv for the surge test.
        Has anyone else heard of a change to 4 Kv, - maybe ETSI?
        Except for the Generic heavy industrial 50081-2 - which doesn't
apply to ITE equipment very often, I have not seen this 4 Kv level. I would
appreciate a sanity check.
        Thanks
        Gary