Once upon a time, before we were spun off from IBM, and I was the
EMC manager here, I faintly recall that the IBM Boebligen lab in
Germany had an OATS facility.  I also faintly recall that snow on
the rooftop did impact the measurements needed.

Note that OATS structures are normally constructed with non-conductive
materials, e.g. wood, plastic, etc.  A layer of snow represents a plane
of conductive material, albeit not a great conductor.

However, these are memories from the distant past. Surely there are
some still using OATS facilities where winter snow is a problem.

George

plawler%west....@interlock.lexmark.com (Patrick Lawler) on 12/12/2001 12:40:35
PM

Please respond to plawler%west....@interlock.lexmark.com (Patrick Lawler)