From: Gibling, Vic [mailto:vic.gibl...@marconi.com]
Sent: 21 May 2002 12:51
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: EFT Capacitive Clamp

Hi to you all,

Referring to EN61000-4-4 Figure 7 General set-up for laboratory type test.
Two reference planes are shown. One along the bottom edge of the figure
which I believe implies a plane beneath ALL equipment shown - e.g. the floor
of a screened room - and a second plane specifically beneath the capacitive
clamp.

If testing is performed in a screened room, is the second reference ground
plane required?
If it is required should it be bonded to the overall reference plane ( it is
insulated from the overall reference plane by floor tiles)?
If not required should the clamp be bonded to the overall reference plane?

Your views and comments would be most appreciated.

Thank you

Vic Gibling
Compliance Engineer
Marconi Applied Technologies

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/

This message has been checked for all known viruses by UUNET delivered
http://www.uk.uu.net/products/security/virus/