Group,

I happened to be flying on United Airlines this weekend and thought I'd run
this topic by a few pilots. (I got a chance to speak with 4 pilots
separately) The consensus from the UA pilots was:

* The stun guns have been thoroughly tested in the cockpit and had no effect
on the avionics systems.

* Type of stun guns( Taser only) would be the type that shoot the electrode
through the air at the target.

* They all preferred hand guns with bullets over the Tasers. They all claim
that tests have been done unloading
  several rounds of bullets into the fuselage of an aircraft at critical
altitudes without having severe affects.

The field of my survey was small and only targeted a single airline so I
don't know how this would correlate across the entire pilots union. Just
thought I'd share this piece of info for what its worth.

Regards,

Jeff Collins