I have a little different experience than the other respondents to date, who
pretty much said no extrapolation is possible from one band to another.

My experience and analytical training tell me that if field intensity and
modulation are held constant, then above 1 GHz coupling to wires running
between equipments will decrease with increasing frequency.  If the
circuitry interfacing the equipments is slow with respect to 1 GHz, and it
passed below 1 GHz, I would also expect it to pass above 1 GHz.

If however the modulation scheme changes or the wires picking up the rf
energy are electrically short just below 1 GHz, then the immunity could
decrease with increasing frequency.

A final consideration is how rf tight the equipment enclosure is.  A rule of
thumb of rf enclosure design is that slots and apertures should be held to a
tenth wavelength long for good EMI performance.  At 1 GHz, a tenth
wavelength is 3 cm.  It is likely that as frequency increases above 1 GHz
that imperfections in equipment enclosure homogeneity will impact shielding
effectiveness.

Ken Javor

 on 1/10/02 6:06 AM, am...@westin-emission.no at am...@westin-emission.no