From: John Woodgate [mailto:j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk]
Sent: 17 September 2002 22:15
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Re: CE Marking for Passive speakers

I read in !emc-pstc that Gert Gremmen <g.grem...@cetest.nl> wrote (in
<oleokfnbajjejfkplbbmgeggcdaa.g.grem...@cetest.nl>) about 'CE Marking
for Passive speakers' on Tue, 17 Sep 2002:

>Officially this type of  "apparatus" does not qualify
>for ce marking due to the reasons you gave.

That is simply not correct. EN 60065 specifies the safety requirements.
The EMC Guidelines document explains that having no active components is
NOT grounds for exemption from the EMC Directive.

While most loudspeakers do not emit anything except constant magnetic
field, some have crossover inductors with open ferrite cores. These emit
audio-frequency magnetic fields which are quite strong enough to disturb
a CRT display significantly. That there are no limits for this is due to
CISPR/E (now CISPR/I) having more important matters to work on.
http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!