I read in !emc-pstc that Bill Wilson <wwwil...@rcn.com> wrote (in
<001501c2a612$fd83f160$2edba...@sbo.ma.cable.rcn.com>) about 'Poland' on
Tue, 17 Dec 2002:
>Can anyone out there help me with requirements for Industrial/Motor Control
>Equipment in Poland

I don't know. Probably the same as in the EU now.

> and what is EN50178?

A standard from H**l:

It is a clone of a German standard that purports to be a 'standard for
everything'. The conversion to an IEC standard has at last made people
realise what a menace this thing is. It cuts across the scopes of many
other standards, and claims to be a safety standard as well as making
pronouncements about EMC, reliability.... It isn't an acceptable safety
standard - it doesn't deal with any fault conditions.

If possible, avoid having anything to do with it!

Data from the BSI catalogue:

Title :
Electronic equipment for use in power installations

Int Relationships :
EN 50178:1997 IDT

ICS Classification :
29.240.01

ISBN :
0 580 30453 1

Amended By :
AMD 10604, August 1999

AMD 10604 is a Corrigendum.

http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!