***NEWSFLASH*** - KTL Launch New Website!! - Visit us at http://www.ktl.com

I think a Voice over IP is within the scope of the RTTE due to the following
definition in the RTTED :

Under Article 2(b) of the RTTED, telecomms terminal equipment is defined as
a product "enabling communication or a relevant component thereof which is
intended to be connected directly or indirectly by any means whatsoever to
interfaces of public telecommunications networks"

i.e. note "directly of indirectly", a VOIP phone is indirectly connected.

Whether it is interpreted to be within the scope of the EMCD, LVD or RTTED
it should comply with the LVD and EMCD as specified by Article 3 (Essential
Requirements) of the RTTED anyway :

Article 3.1(a) of the RTTED - LVD compliance essential requirement
Article 3.1(b) of the RTTED - Protection requirements of the EMCD.

When applying the EMC immunity tests specified by EN 55024, the Annex A
performance criteria of this standard would then apply, which are
specifically for TTE.

Regards

Mark Render
EMC and Radio Group  Manager