From: owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org] On Behalf Of
ron_well...@agilent.com
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 9:02 AM
To: jim.eich...@xantrex.com; emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: RE: Nema 5-15R sockets

Hello Jim,

By now you have received many replies to your message. However, since
your orientation question has been asked many, many times before in my
neck of the woods, here is what I know regarding your two questions:

1) Not specified in the NEC or the CEC. However, receptacle orientation
is usually determined by either: a) the electrician who installs the
receptacle, by their preference, or b) a localized code or practice. In
some cases, various hospitals have their own requirements for receptacle
installation.

2) Get a copy of NEMA WD-6. It's available electronically (www.nema.org)
and doesn't cost big bucks. Besides, it's a good reference to have for
all North American plug and receptacle configurations.

Regards,
|Ronald R. Wellman                |Voice : 408-345-8229           |
|Agilent Technologies             |FAX   : 408-553-2412           |
|5301 Stevens Creek Blvd.,        |E-Mail: ron_well...@agilent.com|
|Mailstop 54L-BB                  |WWW   : http://www.agilent.com |
|Santa Clara, California 95052 USA|                               |