From: owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org] On Behalf Of Jim Eichner
Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2002 12:40 AM
To: 'EMC-PSTC - forum'
Subject: Nema 5-15R sockets

A couple of questions about our standard North American 120Vac socket:

1. Orientation:  We have lots of people in the office here on both sides
of this one, and I can't find a normative reference in the CEC or the
NEC. Which is the correct way "up" when installing a socket on a wall -
ground pin above the L and N blades, or L and N above the ground?  What
is the code reference for this requirement, or is there none?

2. Dimensions:  Can anybody share the spec's for the dimensions, with
tolerances, of the line, neutral, and ground blades for this
configuration? I'm sure it's in the UL and CSA standards but I don't
want to spend hundreds of $ for a one-time question.  We have no
on-going need for these standards!

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards,
Jim Eichner, P.Eng.
Manager, Engineering Services
Xantrex Technology Inc.
Mobile Power
web: www.xantrex.com <http://www.xantrex.com>
Any opinions expressed are accidental.  I have none.

copies of the original message.

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/