Re Peter Tarver's message yesterday on this subject:

It warmed my heart to find that there IS some coordination between these
standards organizations, at least sometimes!

When I read Peter's memo I wondered if there might be some agreement
between the IEC standards and the IEEE/ASTM standard used as a reference
in the "Units, Symbols and Style Guide" that I wrote for the Power
Sources Manufacturers Association (PSMA) a couple of years ago.

Well, I looked up my copy of the IEEE/ASTM SI 10-1997, "Standard for Use
of the International System of Units (SI): The Modern Metric System,"
and sure enough, the bibliography lists those IEC publications mentioned
in Peter's memo.

We techies really have our act together!!!!

Now all we have to do is get our colleagues to read this stuff before
they write their next paper!

Regards to all,

Chuck Mullett
Chairman, PSMA
Principal Systems Engineer, ON Semiconductor