Ron,

As I understand it, Part 1 (IEC 60950-1) is indeed a complete and
stand-alone replacement for IEC 60950 3rd Edition.  Future parts such as
60950-21, -22 & -23 will be addressing specific product types or product
environments etc.  IEC 60950-1 is however generic and as such a product
falling within the scope of any future parts will still be expected to meet
the requirements of 60950-1 where applicable (i.e. any parts other than Part
1 will be complimentary and in addition to the requirements of Part 1 for
that type of equipment).

Best regards,
Kevin Richardson

Stanimore Pty Limited
Compliance Advice & Solutions for Technology (including Australian Agent
Services)
(Legislation/Regulations/Standards)
Ph:       02-4329-4070       (Int'l: +61-2-4329-4070)
Fax:      02-4328-5639       (Int'l: +61-2-4328-5639)
Mobile:  04-1224-1620       (Int'l: +61-4-1224-1620)
Email:    kevin.richard...@ieee.org

The material transmitted in this message and contained in any attachments to
this message is confidential and/or privileged information and is intended
only for the addressee/s. Any unauthorised use of or reliance upon this
material by persons or entities other than the addressee/s is prohibited. If
you receive this information in error, please notify the sender and destroy
any copies of the material immediately.