Does operating frequency affect the issue?
If the radar system is in an official ISM frequency band, use CISPR 11, but if
operating outside the those bands treat is as an RTTE device?

Also, what about the market served?  The original poster seems to have a
position with a military contractor.  Does CISPR 11 and/or the RTTE directive
apply to military equipment?