Hi guys,

Remember, this is just my opinion.   I work for a manufacturer, not a
test lab; so this is a side job (a HUGE side job); not my life.

For John:

We do test the DC input of our rack-mount 48VDC products for conducted
emissions.  Many of our customers for these systems demand conducted
emissions testing.  The reasoning here is that these systems will
operate from a DC "mains" which may operate many other products in the
same rack or room.  We use the same limits as for AC mains.

However, we do not test the conducted emissions of the DC ports of our
smaller products which run from wall-warts or bricks.    For these
products, we test the conducted emissions at the AC interface of the
wall-wart or brick.

For Sandy:

When I test wall-warts for conducted emissions, I either plug them into
the LISN directly or I use a short stub cable (about 6" long) made from
Panel Components parts  if I need to adapt the LISN output to a
wall-wart with a non-US plug configuration.

I then try to dress the wall-wart's cable in the configuration shown in
the standard for dressing line cords.

I'm sure there are other methods; but at least you have one opinion.

Chris Maxwell | Design Engineer - Optical Division
email chris.maxw...@nettest.com | dir +1 315 266 5128 | fax +1 315 797
8024

NetTest | 6 Rhoads Drive, Utica, NY 13502 | USA
web www.nettest.com | tel +1 315 797 4449 |