Ed,

I do not know your specific application.
Therefore - if your TNV-2 circuit is connected to a telecom network -
EN60950, 2nd ed/A4 andNorway/Sweden requires SI for the mains. (see
EN60950:1992/A4:1997, AnnexZB)
SI means clearance, creepage, DTI and dielectric strength for 230V mains.

Why don's you use EN60950, 3rd edition?
SubClause 6.2.1.2 asks for an insulation between earth and a telecom
network, tested only with 1.5kV insulation test.
As I read the standard, additional requirements exist - for Norway & Sweden
- but only for DTI (ref. EN60950:2000, Annex ZB).

Regards,
Kris Carpentier

All,

I have a DC to DC "filter" which is rated 32 - 72 VDC input and output which I
am considering to be TNV-2 according to EN60950/IEC60950 2nd edition.

This filter has a metal chassis which is earthed, and it will be installed in a
service access area only by qualified service personnel. It is not
permanently connected or
pluggable type B, and does not have a provision for a permanently connected
earthing conductor. With all this considered, it seems that Norway and
Sweden are the
only Countries that require Supplemental insulation for a primary circuit
between this TNV-2 circuit and earth.
Is there any way around this requirement due to this filter operating at 72VDC
and not being directly connected to mains?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ed

"Ed Eszlari" <bosesaf...@hotmail.com> on 17.01.2002 16:43:49

Please respond to "Ed Eszlari" <bosesaf...@hotmail.com>

 cc:      (bcc: Kristiaan CARPENTIER/BE/ALCATEL)

 Subject: TNV-2 to Earth requirement

(See attached file: att1.htm)

------------------------------------------- This message is from the IEEE EMC Society Product Safety Technical Committee emc-pstc discussion list. Visit our web site at: http://www.ewh.ieee.org/soc/emcs/pstc/ To cancel your subscription, send mail to: majord...@ieee.org with the single line: unsubscribe emc-pstc For help, send mail to the list administrators: Michael Garretson: pstc_ad...@garretson.org Dave Heald davehe...@mediaone.net For policy questions, send mail to: Richard Nute: ri...@ieee.org Jim Bacher: j.bac...@ieee.org All emc-pstc postings are archived and searchable on the web at: No longer online until our new server is brought online and the old messages are imported into the new server.