I concur with you John.  A CB Certificate is issued on the basis of testing
to IEC standards.  When I apply to a test lab for a product to be tested, I
ask for additional testing for national differences to IEC60065 as required.
What I end up with is a CB Certificate that states "Tested and found in
conformity with IEC60065 6th edition".  Attached is an appendix stating
(perhaps) "This apparatus has also passed testing in accordance with CENELEC
EN60065, Listed deviations for Australia, Listed Deviations for Singapore.".
The test report is similar ie the bulk of the report lists the tests
performed to IEC60065 and the deviations to EN60065 etc are attached as
appendixes to the report.

Although EN61010-1:2001 has not been published in the OJ yet, I don't see
why you can't ask for testing to that standard's deviations and get that
standard listed in your CB Certificate's appendix unless EN61010-1:2001 is
radically different to IEC61010-1:1990.

Chris Colgan
Compliance Engineer
TAG McLaren Audio Ltd
The Summit, Latham Road
Huntingdon, Cambs, PE29 6ZU
*Tel: +44 (0)1480 415 627
*Fax: +44 (0)1480 52159
* Mailto:chris.col...@tagmclaren.com
* http://www.tagmclaren.com

           Please visit us at www.tagmclaren.com

The contents of this E-mail are confidential and for the exclusive
use of the intended recipient. If you receive this E-mail in error,
please delete it from your system immediately and notify us either
by E-mail, telephone or fax. You  should not  copy, forward or
otherwise disclose the content of the E-mail.

TAG McLaren Audio Ltd
The Summit, 11 Latham Road
Huntingdon, Cambs, PE29 6ZU
Telephone : 01480 415600 (+44 1480 415600)
Facsimile : 01480 52159 (+44 1480 52159)

           Please visit us at www.tagmclaren.com