From: richwo...@tycoint.com [mailto:richwo...@tycoint.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 9:00 AM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Radiated immunity testing above 1 GHz

I need to make a decision on an amplifier for radiated immunity testing in
the 1-2 GHz range. The choices appear to be a new solid state amplifier ( I
have not located a used one) or a used TWT amp. Is anyone using a TWT
amplifier for radiated immunity testing above 1 GHz? Do I need to be
concerned about protecting the tube from damage caused by excessive VSWR
cause by, perhaps, chamber effects? Is there anything else I need to know
about TWT amps (yeah, I know - throw it way if the tube dies)?

Richard Woods
Sensormatic Electronics
Tyco International

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/