Except when members of the public have access to the equipment - if there is
no compliance to the CE Marking directives then there are likely to be
serious liability issues - we need to see the case law but I would hope that
successful prosecutions would be brought against any manufacturer that
placed lives at risk by avoiding "due diligence".

Examples I usually give as Equipment under repair and recalibration - in
training environments.

Anyone visiting the UK Rapier training facilities would remember pieces of
the military working in a classroom environment.

Try it is not for sale but there is access to non-military and non-technical
staff.

The rule of thumb Should be ....  CE Marking is to protect public safety -
use of the procedures can reduce Corporate Liability - avoidance of the
procedures will expose Corporations (and the 'Responsible' individuals) to
(personal) liability.

Gregg

Gregg Kervill DipIM, MIMgt, MIEEE
VP Engineering