Hi Chris:

OSHA rules apply to employers.

OSHA electrical rules require employers (1) to
use only electrical products that have been
certified by an NRTL, or (2) in the case of
custom products, to test the product in place.

If you sell a non-NRTL-certified "custom" product
to an employer who is subject to OSHA rules, then
that employer must test the product in place, and
file a suitable record of the testing.

Few employers choose the test-in-place alternative.

A "listing" by a non-NRTL is useless to an
employer subject to OSHA rules.  He can't use it
for "proof" that the product meets OSHA rules.

At the employer's discretion, you may be able to
convince the employer (your customer) that your
"listing" test report will provide a suitable
record of testing to OSHA requirements.

See OSHA rules, Sub-part S for complete treatment
on OSHA electrical rules.  See especially 1910.303(a)
Approval and the respective definitions.

http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owastand.display_standard_group?p_toc_level=1&p_part_number=1910&p_text_version=FALSE

>   Statement: Non-NRTL laboratories can provide "Listings" and publish the
> customers (thus "Listing") however, based OSHA law, NEC requirements,
> Retailer specification, and other MOU/MRA with Canada/EU, it would not seem
> to be a significant accomplishment if not an NRTL.

Except for NEC, I would agree with this statement.

Best regards,
Rich