From: owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org]On Behalf Of Alex McNeil
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 4:57 AM
To: 'emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org'
Subject: SMPS EMC Emissions

Hi Group,

First of all thank you to those who replied to my previous email. I
have not
had time to reply personally...yet.

I have noticed that the broadband noise of some SMPS are already
near to the
limits of EN55022 Class B (I tested with a max resistive load). This
gives
my product little scope for emissions at these broadband
frequencies,
especialy when my product is taking peak load e.g. printing.

The power supply manufacturer rightly claims that his product does
meet
EN55022 Class B.

Do you think it is reasonable to specify in my power supply
specification
that the manufacturers SMPS should meet EN55022 Class B -6dB or....?
Have any of you come across a similar scenario?

As usual , I look forward to your professional opinions.

Kind Regards
Alex McNeil
Principal Engineer
Tel: +44 (0)131 479 8375