1.      What is the correct method to test for a Limited Power source in
determining what enclosure is required?
        The Isc limits must be met regardless of the load,
        not only at 30a or 8a. You need to do sufficient
        testing to satisfy yourself it will comply in general.
        In this case you have demonstrated a failure.

2.      If a fire enclosure was needed what is the minimum plastic
rating
i.e. 94V0, V1 or what?
        94V-0 is not mentioned in the standard.
        Requirements would be for 5-V, V-1 or
        other requirements in clause 4.7.3.2
        if a fire enclosure is required.
3.      I cannot put a 5A fuse in the product, the lab says that the
overcurrent protective device must be outwith the non-fire enclosure in
order to stop the non compliant energy source entering the enclosure. Is
this correct?
        Somewhat. The portion of the circuit not meeting the
        requirement is the part which needs the enclosure.
        Note that this does not mean the entire product.
        You can provide a fire enclosure around a small entry
        area and not include the rest of the product.
4.      Similarly, I cannot use a resettable fuse in the product to meet
these requirements?
        You may meet the requirements with fuse, PTC or other limiter.
5.      Does the PTC used in the power supply need to meet the IEC
60730-1?
        Not if you can assure the requirements relevant to the
        application are met by your own testing. See clause 1.5.2.

Bob Johnson
ITE Safety