From: owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org] On Behalf Of John Allen
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 5:28 PM
To: richwo...@tycoint.com; emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Re: requirements for ITE power cords

Hi Folks

Sorry to be late in replying on this one - and not really trying to
disagree - but I think you will find that the 125% rule is a "North
American" convention and also followed by countries which use similar
installation practice (i.e. that have plugs with quite small
blades/pins!).

The same rule does not - to the best of my knowledge - apply in Europe
(&
certainly not in the UK) and other countries that follow European
installation practice where derating is not required as our plugs are
more
substantially built!

Therefore we can use a 13 (UK) or 16A (Europe) cable and 13A or 16A plug
on
an equipment rated at 13A/16A respectively, e.g: re it applies in
respect of
the EN60950 standard.

Regards

John Allen