On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:42:34 +0100,
  John Woodgate <j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Pri to true SELV secondary doesn't pose a problem. The chassis is
> irrelevant. For '950 SELV', there is no requirement for a pri-sec test
> at any voltage above that for pri-chassis.

Really?
I thought primary - earthed chassis (Brian didn't said that the
chassis is earthed, but I guess so) can have basic insulation,
but primary - SELV should have double or reinforced insulation
unless it is protected with other method such as earthed screen
or protective bonding.

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 06:57:25 -0700,
  "Brian O'Connell" <boconn...@t-yuden.com> wrote:

> "to avoid damage to components or insulation which are not involved in the
> test, disconnection of ICs or the like and the use of equipotential bonding
> are permitted."
>
> For Pri/Sec testing, the screw connecting the Y-caps to the chassis is
> removed, insulation is inserted between the screw insert and chassis.

The clause said that components "which are NOT INVOLVED in the test"
may be disconnected, but it seems the Y-caps ARE involved in the test.
Isn't it?

Regards,
Tom

Tomonori Sato  <vef00...@nifty.ne.jp>