Group,

In Annex ZB to EN 60950:2000, under Clause 1.7.2, Norway has a marking requirement for Class I, Type A pluggable equipment (intended for connection of other equipment) where the safety relies on the connection to protective earth. The marking must state that the equipment is required to be connected to an earthed mains socket-outlet. Sweden has a similar marking
requirement under the same clause.

If my interpretation is correct, a manufacturer can ship Class 1 ITE products into Norway with only basic insulation from primary to earth ground with this marking, and that they would need to rely on the customer to properly ground the outlets at the installation site.

Is this a valid assumption for equipment intended to be installed in telecom locations?

What is not clear to me also , is whether these markings can be provided in the installation manual
or if it is required to be marked on the equipment.

Regards,

Richard A Meyette, PE
meye...@pacbell.net

At 09:37 PM 8/22/02 +0100, you wrote:

I read in !emc-pstc that Tyra, John <john_t...@bose.com> wrote (in
<418fbd441c22d5118d860003470d43160543e...@cupid.bose.com>) about
'electric strength test' on Thu, 22 Aug 2002:
>If you plan on selling in
>this region you should check all of the National deviations and maybe
>contact DEMKO (part of UL now) to see if this is still required for the
>Nordic countries................

It applies only to Norway.
http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/