From: ext robert.s...@flextronics.com
[mailto:robert.s...@flextronics.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 1:05 PM
To: alex.mcn...@ingenicofortronic.com; emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: RE: Radiated Emissions setup

Neil,

I would like to see the pictures of your audit board.

Without seeing the pictures I have the following comments.

1. I think this is a very good idea from a repeatability standpoint and I
would like to consider adopting it.
2. It may be more trouble than simply draping the cables over the table
edge, but less than bundling them properly.
3. Some of our customers bring their products in already attached to such a
board with their cables all fastened securely in configurations accepted by
their customers. This also lessens the setup time and gets them in and out
quicker.
4. I believe that Note 1 of Figure 10 in EN 55022 refers to cables which
connect one piece of gear on the table to another. If the cables were cut,
it would require splicing or installing connectors. If a shorter cable were
used, it may not represent actual use. I feel that generally customers
having a two meter cable which is longer than needed would either drape it
to the floor (which is not normally a metal ground plane), or bundle it
neatly to keep it out of the way. On the other hand, since we as testers
never know how equipment will be configured, the demand for repeatability
requires that a system such as that described in Figure 10 be used.

Robert Seay