From: owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org] On Behalf Of
pfitzgib...@attbi.com
Sent: August 19, 2002 9:12 AM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Taiwan and China approvals?

Greetings everybody!

My boss just asked me what the procedure and timeframe
for getting into Korea and China was.  (Imagine my
distress ;-).  For optical networking type products (no
TNV ports) where all of our Safety, NEBS and EU (386,
019, 753, etc...) tesing is complete, does anyone know
what to submit (and to whom) and how long this might
take for China or Korea?

more background - Luckily our CB report is from a Korea
certified lab, but our emissions and immunity were from
non-global (but EU CAB & NRTL status) labs that don't
have Korean authorization.

I've also done some looking into the new China CCC
procedure.  We're not specifically addressed in the
catalogue.  Does this mean we can just import our system?

Any help on any of these points would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Patrick Fitzgibbon

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/