Susan,

        I'm not sure what "AC" means in your message below.  I'm
assuming that you mean in the radio frequency range, where low bonding
impedance across joints means good shielding effectiveness.

        There is an SAE standard for measuring the "transfer impedance"
across EMI shielding gaskets:  SAE-ARP-1705.

        I personally have never seen the actual standard.  I have only
seen it quoted as a reference document on spec sheets for EMC gaskets.

        Is this the type of information that you're looking for? Perhaps
those more familiar can comment?

        If you are dealing with lower frequency "AC" such as 60Hz,
1Khz... I have already seen some replies that provide some decent
guidance on how to perform this measurement.

        Best Regards

Chris Maxwell | Design Engineer - Optical Division
email chris.maxw...@nettest.com | dir +1 315 266 5128 | fax +1 315 797
8024

NetTest | 6 Rhoads Drive, Utica, NY 13502 | USA
web www.nettest.com | tel +1 315 797 4449 |