Brian proposes a confidence test on ESD guns using colleagues..

>> If the ESD gun is working properly, they will fall to the floor quivering
>> slightly. Then they will wet their pants and forget who they are for
>> about 25 to 30 minutes.

A number of questions arise Brian..

Is the order of events an essential part of the confidence test i.e. if they
wet their pants *before* they fall to the floor, will the gun be deemed to
have failed the test?

Is there any useful information to be gained from the slight quiver, i.e.
frequency, amplitude etc which might help with calibration of the discharge
tip?

Should the stop-watch be calibrated or would any wrist watch do,
including the lab assistant's own?

Has any such confidence test resulted in immediate vacancies in the
engineering department, specifically, for a lab assistant.

Can we extend this principal to confidence tests on surge equipment
using middle management and members of the sales departments?

Rgds

- Chris