On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:33:41 -0800 (PST),
  Rich Nute <ri...@sdd.hp.com> wrote:

> >   Can anyone give me any information on whether a box with less than .33
> > cubic
> >   feet needs to meet UL Flammability ratings?
> >   I have been told this is true, but I can not find the location of that
> >   information.
>
> I believe the requirement you are referring to is
>
>     Sub-clause 4.3.3, UL1950/IEC 60950
>     Sub-clause 4.7.3.3, UL 60950-1/IEC 60950-1
>
> This requirement exempts materials and components within
> an enclosure of 0.06 m^3 from flammablity requirements.

The above exemption is for components in fire enclosures, but
I guess that Paul is asking of the enclosure itself.

In general, if the enclosure contains something which need fire
enclosure to reduce the risk of fire hazard, the enclosure should
be a fire enclosure hence should UL94 V-1 or better.
Parts not requiring a fire enclosure are defined in the standards,
and everything else will need a fire enclosure.

Regards,
Tom

Tomonori Sato  <vef00...@nifty.ne.jp>
  ---- xvkbd-2.1 (virtual keyboard for X) available ----