Hi Paul:

>   Can anyone give me any information on whether a box with less than .33 cubic
>   feet needs to meet UL Flammability ratings?
>   I have been told this is true, but I can not find the location of that
>   information.

I believe the requirement you are referring to is

    Sub-clause 4.3.3, UL1950/IEC 60950
    Sub-clause 4.7.3.3, UL 60950-1/IEC 60950-1

This requirement exempts materials and components within
an enclosure of 0.06 m^3 from flammablity requirements.

The enclosure itself must be of metal and must have no
ventilation openings.

However,

    0.06 m^3   =  2.12 ft^3
    0.33 ft^3  =  0.01 m^3

so the volume you quote does not agree with the volume
in the requirement.

With this exception, and as far as I know, requirements
for material flammability ratings are based on the circuit
parameters, not on volume of the box.

Best regards,
Rich