Hi everyone.

We have been working through consequences of the New Proposed Emc Directive.
As we are not a large electronics company so we will not be able to quote all
the standards  we quoted today as we don't use equipment detailed in that said
standard.

The new directive states we will have to establish technical documentation
which enables conformity to be assed, which would include design and
manufacturing information as well as test results. No doubt detailing the
instrumentation used as well.

This is going to make for a very large file for each product.

There is also the point, that we buy in products and put the Spirax label on
it.

Upto this point we have excepted a suppliers D of C. Across the company this a
large number of products.

We would be left assessing if a supplier was complying by reading his
technicial documentation. The amount of paperwork this would entail is a bit
overpowering to think about.

Have we been reading the Proposed EMC Directive correctly ?

Thanks

Ian

DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the original addressee(s).
Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the
intended original recipient(s), any disclosure, copying, or distribution
of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it,
is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately contact the sender by return email or telephone
Spirax Sarco Ltd on +44(0)1242 521361. If you are not the intended
recipient of this email and you have received it through forwarding or in
error you should delete it and make no copies. We have taken all
reasonable steps to protect files from viruses, but do not warrant that
this e-mail and any attachments are virus free. You should take full
responsibility for virus checking. Thank you.

Company Reg No : 509018
Reg Office : Spirax Sarco Ltd, 130-132 St Georges Rd, Cheltenham, UK