Rob,

Singapore IDA stands for Info-Comm Development Authority, a government agency
issues telecom operation licenses, e.g. 3G, mobile license.

By its name, any information, communication related BUSINESS (I mean business)
must get IDA license, even another Singapore government authority (SBA -
Singapore Broadcasting Authority) must get IDA license to do the licensed
business.

IDA license is for Business or Facilities, it's not related to the products'
approval.

If you would like to know details of IDA license, how and where to get it,
contact me off-line. I would refer you to Singapore local contacts.

Regards

Leslie

At AM 10:02 01/17/03 +0000, Rob Humphrey wrote:

>I have been advised by the Singapore authorities that I need to get an IDA
>license .
>
>What is it and how do I get one?
>
>Thanks in anticipation
>
>-------------------------------------------------------------- --
> Visit our Internet site at http://www.reuters.com
>
>Get closer to the financial markets with Reuters Messaging - for more
>information and to register, visit http://www.reuters.com/messaging
>
>Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
>sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be
>the views of Reuters Ltd.

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus <http://rd.yahoo.com/mail/mailsig/*http://mailplus.yahoo.com>