All,

My apologies if this is message is a duplicate--
I think I replied only to Gary the first time...

I believe the second mark that Gary describes is the
new BSMI (Bureau of Standard & Measurement Insititute)
mark for the DoC and Type Approval processes.
I believe this is also known as the CNS mark.
See the BSMI web site:

        www.bsmi.gov.tw/

I don't understand the capacitor symbol, though.
As someone else suggested, this may be a registration
number distorted by a small font.

Regards,
Dan

> Subject: strange symbols (to me anyway)
> Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 14:42:53 -0800
> From: "Gary McInturff" <gary.mcintu...@worldwidepackets.com>
> To: "EMC-PSTC (E-mail)" <emc-p...@ieee.org>
id
h02MpQQ07379

>       I have a small double insulated wall wart type power supply. 120 Vac
> in,
 12 Vdc out has a symbol of a house with an arrow pointing inside the house.
What is that symbol and whence did it come.
>       This one is going to be tough to describe, and is on a little wireless
device.
>       A nearly closed "C". The upper half has a horizontal "lightning bolt"
separating top and bottom. In the bottom portion of this symbol is what
appears
to be a capacitor with horizontal plates. (both plates are represented by flat
lines rather than 1 flat and one an arc).