From: John Woodgate [mailto:j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 3:33 AM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Re: strange symbols (to me anyway)

I read in !emc-pstc that Wan Juang Foo <f...@np.edu.sg> wrote (in
<of39a8a68f.ebf7ed21-on48256ca3.00237...@np.edu.sg>) about 'strange
symbols (to me anyway)' on Fri, 3 Jan 2003:
>I could not by any means to stretch my limited imagination to match the
>C-tick to the description offered.  I don't think that the C-tick mark
>readily fit the bill, unless there is some more information about this
>symbol that I do not know about.
>
>> bottom portion of this symbol is what appears to be a
>> capacitor with horizontal plates.
>Since there are no such a feature in the c-tick.  Can someone shed some
>more light on this?

These symbols are often very small, and the printing or moulding may be
subject to errors or distortions. For example, a continuous line may be
rendered with steps in it, and a wide line may degenerate to two thin
ones.

It is also possible to find the occasional symbol which is intended to
deceive.
http://www.isce.org.uk
PLEASE do NOT copy news posts to me by E-MAIL!

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/

    http://ieeepstc.mindcruiser.com/