From: Sam Wismer [mailto:swis...@acstestlab.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 11:23 AM
To: EMC Forum
Subject: Multiple CPU Options

Group,
Happy Holidays.  Thank you for your responses to my last post concerning AC
Power sources.  I got a lot of good information.

Next question:

Client has a product that he is offering with various CPU types and speeds(5
to be exact) and is pursuing CE compliance.  That is the only difference
between the variants.  I don’t see how he can get away without testing all
of them entirely since the intent of the immunity testing is evaluate the
susceptibility of the product.  I don’t think there is room here for
engineering justification of a worst case configuration.  What about
emissions?  Is it feasible to do a pre-scan on all configurations and a final
on the worst of those?

I’m pretty sure what you all are going to say, but wanted to be extra
certain when we present a significant quote to our customer.

I would appreciate any comments as to how we can offer some cost savings
measures to our client without compromising total compliance of his system.

Kind Regards,

Sam Wismer
Engineering Manager
ACS, Inc.