From: Joe P Martin [mailto:marti...@appliedbiosystems.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 3:49 PM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Custom Units in EU

Greetings,

We are planning to manufacture up to 50 units for laboratory use.  Each of
these units will be one of a kind.  These units will be shipped to the EU
to our own laboratory and operated by our personnel.  If I recall correctly
there are exemptions for one of a kind units for EMC, LVD and Machinery
Directives.  However, I was unable to locate this information in the
guidelines to these Directives.  Can members of the group provide me with
specific information regarding the requirements, if any, for one of a kind
units located in the manufacturers facility and operated by employees of
the manufacturer in the EU?

All responses are appreciated.

Regards

Joe Martin