From: Kurt M. Marden
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Cc: Michael Taylor ; 'emcp...@aol.com'
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 8:40 AM
Subject: HP 6034L Power supply schematics / repair (was Agilent 6842A)

On that note of (lack of) support, Agilent has no or will not release
documentation on the
old 6034L power supply.  I recently acquired one which powers up but has no
output
and the front panel display shows 0 volts / amps. Agilent will be happy to
charge me $140
just to "look at it". "Best effort" is all they can guarantee on a repair
(which would be over
and above the $140). Sheesh! Anybody have a owners manual or repair guide /
schematics
 for this model?

Thanks,

Kurt

Michael Taylor wrote:

If you think Carley and the rest of HP / Agilent upper management are really
more concerned about your thoughts - over short term profits,  there are
several of us that would like to interest you in some swamp land in Florida
and a bridge in New Jersey.

Seriously,  I have had several instances lately with Agilent that convince
me that the old HP is gone and the NEW - "lean-mean Agilent machine"  no
longer values customer loyalty the way the old HP did.  In my case,  the way
I was treated on several issues would have never occurred under the old HP.
The net result is I now consider purchasing test equipment from others -
something I would have never done in the past.

Welcome to the brave new world of "bean counting" business.

Michael Taylor
(loyal HP test equipment fan)
Frozen in Colorado