On that note of (lack of) support, Agilent has no or will not release
documentation on the
old 6034L power supply.  I recently acquired one which powers up but has no
output
and the front panel display shows 0 volts / amps. Agilent will be happy to
charge me $140
just to "look at it". "Best effort" is all they can guarantee on a repair
(which would be over
and above the $140). Sheesh! Anybody have a owners manual or repair guide /
schematics
 for this model?

Thanks,

Kurt

Michael Taylor wrote:

If you think Carley and the rest of HP / Agilent upper management are really
more concerned about your thoughts - over short term profits,  there are
several of us that would like to interest you in some swamp land in Florida
and a bridge in New Jersey.

Seriously,  I have had several instances lately with Agilent that convince me
that the old HP is gone and the NEW - "lean-mean Agilent machine"  no longer
values customer loyalty the way the old HP did.  In my case,  the way I was
treated on several issues would have never occurred under the old HP.  The net
result is I now consider purchasing test equipment from others - something I
would have never done in the past.

Welcome to the brave new world of "bean counting" business.

Michael Taylor
(loyal HP test equipment fan)
Frozen in Colorado