From: "Lou Aiken" <ai...@gulftel.com> on 02/03/2003 01:46 PM

To:   Carl Newton/XYCOM@XYCOM, emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
cc:

Subject:  Re: EN60950 protective conductor test (was Re: Circuit Breaker
      Tripping Dring Fault Tests)

Carl, If the primary supply circuitry and components provide double or
reinforced insulation, nothing can become live in the event of a single
fault, the test becomes unnecessary, and I would argue that fact.

If the design does not provide double or reinforced insulation, the test
sounds applicable from points that could become live in case of a basic
insulation fault.

Regards,
Lou Aiken, LaMer LLC
27109 Palmetto Drive