A slight divergence from the EN specifically, but I thought that the
following would be helpful to this thread:

I am presently working this issue with a UL engineer in accordance with
UL 60950, 3rd Edition.   I also have the UL 60950 3rd Ed. Test Data Sheets.
Their "Protective Earthing Trace Earth Fault Current Test", UL Doc. 190.eng,
per Section 2.6.3.3 requires the following in my case:

1.  Three samples are tested;

2.  Trace resistance is measured before and after test.  Resistance cannot
      exceed 0.1 ohms, and cannot change more than 10% after test;

3.  AC source is 240 Vac, 200 amps (20A circuit breaker X 10), power factor
      is 75 - 80% through shorted bus bars with a 20/30 A (20 in my case)
service
      entrance type circuit breaker in series with the testing terminals.  The
circuit
      breaker is connected to the bus bars by 1.22 m (4 ft.) of #12 AWG wire.

4.  The test circuit is connected to the DUT via the grounding lead of the
      1.82 m (6 ft) power supply cord.  If cord is not provided, then #16 AWG
      wire is used.

5.  Test continues until ultimate results occur; e.g. CB trips, trace opens,
etc.

My UL guy tells me that I should expect the typical service type CB to be rated
up to  + 10%.  So it appears that  I need to concern myself with a burst of
current
up to approximately 22 amps for the 20 amp AC circuit that my product is being
evaluated for.

Carl