From: Ken Javor [mailto:ken.ja...@emccompliance.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 12:25 PM
To: Pettit, Ghery; 'lfresea...@aol.com'; Andre, Pierre-Marie
Cc: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Re: FCC Limits

If an ITE manufacturer builds for the international market and he uses a
switching power supply, he could choose one that operates on 50-400 Hz and
>from 90-240 Vrms, so that he can ship one model everywhere.  In such a case,
he would most definitely want a CE as well as a an FCC mark stamped on the
supply.  But it may be that it would make more sense to build separate models
for domestic and international distribution.    Why would the FCC have to
adopt CISPR CE limits?  I think the test procedure is substantially the same
(members please jump in and correct me if I misspoke here).  One test should
then suffice to gather the pertinent data, which can be compared to either
limit.  If I am wrong, and the procedures are different, or if the LISNs are
slightly different, then this is what should be harmonized, as long as it
makes sense to do so.  What am I missing here?

From: "Pettit, Ghery" <ghery.pet...@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:39:39 -0700
To: "'Ken Javor'" <ken.ja...@emccompliance.com>, "Pettit,
Ghery"<ghery.pet...@intel.com>, "'lfresea...@aol.com'" <lfresea...@aol.com>,
"Andre, Pierre-Marie" <pierre-marie.an...@intel.com>
Cc: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org

True enough.  However, the question was about uses of the spectrum below 450
kHz in the US.  I think that international harmonization was probably the key
reason for the change.  One step at a time...

Ghery