Rich,

RN>  I'm surprised that, today, a SMPS would used screen/
shield construction.

[R_Hughes >] Not all power supplies are switch mode, even today.  I bet that
the HiFi addicts who say that they can hear the difference between a valve
amp and a transistor amp would absolutely hate the idea of anything other
than a pig-iron transformer (not intended to be a technical description,
John).

RN> I presume you are referring to the circuit prospective
current.  (I am not familiar with the proposal to
WG8.)

[R_Hughes >] I know it as prospective short-circuit current, but maybe I go
boldly whereas you boldly go?

RN> However, I believe that the circuit prospective
current is of little or no consequence when testing
a robust earthing circuit complying with the
constructional requirements.  (Of course we should
test this hypothesis.)

[R_Hughes >] Exactly the point I made in WG8.

Best regards,
Richard