John,

Sorry for the late response, I've only just noticed that I might have
a useful comment to make.

If you are not already aware of

BS PD CLC R0BT-005-2001 "Information concerning plugs for household
appliances covered by CLC/TC61 used in the various CENELEC countries"

you may find it useful.

Regards

Nick.