From: don_borow...@selinc.com [mailto:don_borow...@selinc.com]
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 2:58 PM
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: RE: ESD - not applicable ?

If installation is normal usage, then should all those bare boards
installed in PCs should be tested for ESD resistance in their bare
state?

Or is the distinction between a product and a component that goes into a
product (though some may argue that, for example, a modem board is a
product)?

But I certainly agree that a product never handled by end users should
still be ESD resistant to successfully make it through the installation
process (even if not required).

Don Borowski
Schweitzer Engineering Labs
Pullman, WA  USA

             "Pettit, Ghery"

             <ghery.pettit@int

             el.com>
             Sent by:                  <richwo...@tycoint.com>,

             owner-emc-pstc@ma         <emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org>

             jordomo.ieee.org
cc

Subject
             06/23/03 01:40 PM         RE: ESD - not applicable ?

             Please respond to

              "Pettit, Ghery"

             <ghery.pettit@int

                  el.com>

And installation is normal usage.  Now, it would be interesting to know
just what type of product we're talking about.

Ghery Pettit
Intel Corporation