From: Pettit, Ghery [mailto:ghery.pet...@intel.com]
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 2:59 PM
To: am...@westin-emission.no; emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: RE: ESD - not applicable ?

Amund,

CISPR 24 (and EN 55024) provides reasons to not perform various tests, but ESD
doesn’t have any of these “outs”.  I think you are entirely correct in
wanting the test done.  Like you, I have seen this to be one of the more
applicable immunity tests (along with surge) and we test to higher levels, too.

Did the lab explain how the equipment would be installed, if not touched by
human hands?

Ghery S. Pettit

Intel Corporation