Hello everyone,

I have worked with sites that used the hardware cloth (screen) over concrete
in the past.  When the tears would happen, they would patch that area with
screen to cover the hole and maintain continuity.  Can this patching create a
problem with site attenuation, if there are too many patches?  I was planning
to build the site with concrete underneath the screen.

Also, do you know of a way to do the site attenuation faster?  In the past, I
have used tunable dipoles (takes forever) and also broadband antennas, which
is a little faster.  Normally, I have done the site attenuation with the
signal generator about 10 feet behind the transmitting antenna.  This means
that you have to go outside, change the frequency, go inside and make the
measurement, then back outside again.  All I have to work with is a signal
generator and spectrum analyzer.  Would it make a difference to have the
signal generator inside the building (this means that the output cable to the
antenna would be approx. 30 feet long.)  I guess as long as this long cable
for the transmit antenna is counted in the "V direct" reading, it should be
ok?  Making site measurements faster will help me evaluate my proposed site
location.

Thanks for your input.
Tim Pierce