Hello Richard,

You mentioned that the cable contains hazardous voltage.  In order to
determine what type of interconnecting cable is suitable to use, you need to
find out whether or not the cable in question is supplied by a limited power
source (LPS) or NEC Class 2.

For non-LPS applications, if the cable is less than 3.05 m in length, a
suitably rated "jacketed appliance wiring material (AWM) is required.  Also,
power supply cords described in EN/UL 60950:2000 Annex NAE (3.2.4) and Table
NAE.4 can be used.  You mentioned Style 2464.  Style 2464 is a jacketed AWM,
rated 300 V 80 C.  As long as the length of the cable is maximum 3.05 m and
marked VW-1 or FT-1 (flammability rating), it should be suitable.

For non-LPS applications, if the cable exceeds 3.05 m in length, then a Listed
cable designated in the NEC (e.g. Type DP) is needed.

For LPS applications, the only requirement is that the cable should be AWM,
maximum 3.05 m in length and marked VW-1 or FT-1.  There are no requirements
in terms of Style, temperature and voltage ratings.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,
Sylvia