Hello group,

We are investigating the Electrical Fast Transient (EFT) test as detailed in
IEC/EN 61000-4-4. I am looking for some experience/advise with this test.

My understanding is that the IEC created this test to standardize fast line
transient tests, such that a single repeatable test could be performed. As
such, I am having a hard time finding information regarding the naturally
occurring voltages and frequencies of these events. We are trying to expand
the prescribed test into a "real-world, worst case" test. Does anyone have any
experience or related documents that may help?

Also, the test is prescribed to have a period of 300ms (15 line cycles at
50Hz). We are in the US, and are running the test at 60Hz (which does not work
out to an even number of cycles - the beginning of the transient moves in
time). Does anyone know if the test should be altered to provide a repeatable
transient, or if there is a reason to leave it at 60Hz.

I look forward to your comment - this is an interesting one! As always, thanks
for your help.

Best regards,
Steve Irving